Friday, July 8, 2011

6 Month's Old

Ashley is 1/2 year old already!!! She turned 6 months last week and had her doctors appointment a couple of days ago. With everything that has happened this week, I just hadn't had a chance to get on here for this post.
-Ashley has changed so much again over this past month. She has been a full-time sitter for a few weeks already. She is really good and it and rarely tips over. She's even started sitting in her baths alittle bit (partially cause she has started rolling over in the tub!)
-She rolls front to back and back to front. So much so that she doesn't sleep on her back anymore. We put her in the crib and she immediately rolls to her tummy to go to sleep and sleeps on her tummy the whole night. She has also started rolling while we change diapers - she likes to make it VERY difficult for me.
-She is moving all over already. She is starting to scoot from place to place. It definitely is making me watch what small things Bennett is leaving laying on the floor. Watching her make her way across the floor makes me positive that by the end of summer she will be crawling (I'm totally not ready for this!)
-She loves it when Bennett plays with her and makes her laugh. He loves playing hide-n-seek these days and the other day I caught him with his little blanket over top her - she was hiding.
-She is becoming so good at playing by herself with her toys. If she's in a good mood, there are many times that I can get her to play for half hour at a time. Every toy goes in the mouth though. She loves chewing on everything! (she's teething and the top two teeth will be in any day now)
-She has become a totally momma's girl. Every time I walk out of the room she starts fussing. This has become hard. I can't go get her every time but it really does get annoying when it just keeps going and going.
-She is eating lots! She eats fruit or veggies mixed with rice cereal twice a day. She is not a picky eater at all - I haven't found any of it that she doesn't like yet which is great. She is also still having about 5-6 bottles a day and she's up to 6-7 oz at a time.
-She sleeps from about 8:30 till about 7:30 in the morning. Sometimes she wakes up around 5:00ish but I think that is because she hears Mike getting ready. All I have to do is give her a few oz.'s and she's back to bed within minutes and will then sleep till almost 9:00. She isn't the best with naps. She takes 1 small one in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and sometimes 1 in the evening. I wish the afternoon one would be longer but right now, it's (unfortunately) only about an hour.
Weight - 16 lbs. 6 oz. (60%)
Height - 26.5 inches (78%)
When Mike's dad first came to our place in May, he meet and held Ashley for a long time. She didn't complain or fuss at all. Ken had brought a card and $100 for her. He said he didn't know what she needed so we should just buy her what we wanted. Well, I didn't really know what to get her right now either since we had pretty much all the 'baby' stuff that we needed and she had enough clothes for now also. I didn't want it to all just sit in her savings account though so just a few weeks ago, I had decided I would buy Ashley her first baby doll and it would be a little gift from Grandpa. The picture below is her playing with it shortly after I got it. It is washable which is good haha since she loves to chew on the hair. I am SO glad I had decided to get this for her from her grandpa. The only thing I really really regret is that I never got around to telling him about it or emailing him a picture of her with it. It's one of those things you just assume you have time to do...

4 comments:

  1. I like Ashley's dress.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how old she is already! It sounds like she's a happy and content baby.

    ReplyDelete