Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bennett's Latest

So Bennett is officially potty trained!  (I think, I hope)...  For the past month+ he has been more and more consistent.  And in the past weeks he's only had a few accidents.  He's able to know when to go now and will often go on his own - on the toilet, he's apparently too big of a boy to use his potty chair.  He's so independent about it too; if I try to help him he will get mad which just ends up taking longer.  He tries to put his underwear and pants back on but it's a hit or miss if he gets it (and this takes forever too and sometimes I just don't have time or patience to wait for him to figure it out).  He only wears a diaper at night, and it's about 50/50 if he wakes up wet or dry. 
I've become confident enough to let him leave the house in underwear or a pull-up now.  He did so good at our cousins' wedding last weekend and didn't wet the whole day - which included a 2.5 hour drive, going at my grandma's house, going in a gas station and going in a porta-potty! 

Also, an update on his speech:  He's picking up new words left and right.  He said wedgie yesterday (thanks Mike) and noodle tonight at supper.  It is still not that clear but for those of us around him all the time, we can usually understand it.  And he isn't saying complete sentences yet but he is starting to combine enough words to get us to know what he is talking about.  For instance, the other day he said to me "Jon, bobcat, moo (cow), poop".  This means, "I rode with Jon in the bobcat and cleaned up the cow's poop."  So, it's coming, slowly but surely the words are coming!
He was helping me pick green beans and water the garden.  The bushes right in the front of the picture are my tomatoes.  He isn't getting that those need to be red and not green when you pick them!

He found this wig at my Grandma's last weekend.  It was hilarious and cute but weird haha!

What a big helper (when he wants to be)

2 comments:

  1. Go Bennett! That is so awesome. Also, I love the picture of him in the wig and the one of him feeding Ashley is so sweet.

    I recently bought a travel potty (it's called the Potette potty) that folds up and has disposable inserts to keep in the car. Gabriel used it twice the other day when we were garage saleing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he feed Ashley the whole bottle?
    We just keep a regular potty chair in the van at all times for when we are garage saling/traveling/at parks. It's great for peace of mind, and Peytra has used it a ton. I just dump the pee outside when she's done, or shut the lid (she doesn't often poop in it).
    Kay

    ReplyDelete