Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

On Saturday night our town had a Halloween Party that we went to.  This was the first year that they didn't have the party actually on Halloween night.  They have games to play for prizes or candy.  Bennett understood all of the games but it was all alittle too much for him still this year.  For instance, cutting in line, not even wanting to wait for them to give him the candy etc.  He did have fun though. 

Today for Halloween, Bennett and I made some gooo.  We mixed corn starch, water and food coloring.  It was fun and went well but it did end up being alittle more of a mess than I expected. 

Tonight I took the kids out trick or treating.  This is the first year we have done this because the other years I just took Bennett to the party in town instead.  We went to Grandma's, Shirley's, my Mom's, and then I think 7 houses in town.  Bennett could have done more but I was carrying Ashley and she was getting heavy and tired.  He totally got the concept of Trick or Treating.  He would run up to the house and immediately ring the door bell.  When they answered he either said Happy Halloween or Trick or Treat - as he was already starting to dig his hand in to their candy bowl!  He had fun but he was tired too.  It wouldn't have been that bad but we left the house to head to Grandma's around 4:30 and we didn't get back home till 7:30 and only went to 10 places total.
I tried to take a good picture of Bennett and the first one I took he blinked.  I said to Bennett, "oops you blinked" and he thought it was funny and was purposely blinking for every picture after that.  Stinker.

 My beautiful TinkerBell

We only had one group of 4 kids come to our house tonight after we got home and one of the boys said "I like your Larry & Bob".  I was sooo excited that somebody knew what they were without even seeing Bennett in his costume!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, and I love Ashley's Tinkerbell costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to a similar party at the community center, and Gabriel was the same way with the games. He didn't care about the prizes or candy - he just wanted to keep playing! Where did you get Bennett's costume?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered Bennett's costume on christianbook.com. He is sooo in to VeggieTales right now and loves Larry. This was alittle frustrating though. I originally found it on Target.com so ordered it there. But after 3 shipment delays, I called Target to cancel the order which the lady did. I then ordered it from Christianbook on sale and cheaper than at Target so I was happy about that. Well, one day the doorbell rings and it was UPS delivering the Target order. I checked online right away and my order still said it was cancelled and I haven't been charged for it. The same day the other order arrived too. I liked this one better - it fit him better plus the green pants & under shirt came with it unlike the Target one. So, it would have made more sense for me to keep the free one and return the other but... So, we have 2 Larry costume's in our possession!

    ReplyDelete