Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Centerpiece

Tonight my friend Angie and I took a Holiday Centerpiece Design Class at a local flower shop.  They taught us how to arrange a live table centerpiece.  It was alot of fun.  There were 6 people in our class and it was amazing to see how different each person's centerpiece looked.  The cost was $35 which paid for the instruction of how to do two different centerpieces and all of the materials we would want to use for our centerpiece.  Besides the 4 different green's which we used, we had the choice of tons of ribbons, pine cones, candy canes, berries, fresh flowers, ornaments, candles and more.  They gave instruction on a round version or a long version, like the one that I did.  I should have taken a picture of Angie's - total opposite of mine but still very pretty.  I'm sure their job is crazy busy and stressful around Holiday's but, what a fun job!  If you guys ever have the opportunity to take a class like this, I'd definitely recommend it!  

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Do you take this class every year? I know you've done something like this once before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think it's a yearly class. They also do one in the spring to teach you a Fresh Floral arrangement in a vase and we took that one last spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I misread - no I haven't taken this Christmas one before but they do teach it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! -Gina

    ReplyDelete