I got one of the best presents from Mike this year for Valentines day. He gave me (with help from his mom who works at a flower nursery), this potted plant with 5 different flower bulbs in. Once the flowers and leaves die off, I'll be able to plant these outside this fall. When he gave this to me, the the stems where barely poking through the dirt. Within about 5 days I had a daffodil blooming already! The last of the flowers are blooming right now - talk about a long-lasting flower gift! And wow it is sooo fragrant too - my house has smelled great for the past few weeks!!! There are five different bulbs - daffodil, tulip, and hyacinth (the pink and purple ones). The other two I had to look up online and I think I've found that one is called a grape hyacinth (the blue bell shaped things) and the other one (tall whiteish flower) I still can't figure out what it is - but I like it because it smells wonderful!
Thank You Mike!
picture taken on Feb 19th
picture taken Feb 26th
picture taken Feb 28th
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThose are so pretty! -Gina
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat idea!
ReplyDelete