Monday, April 2, 2012

Ashley 15 Months

Ashley turned 15 months old a couple days ago.  She's had a huge month and is changing and growing up so fast.  She is by no way a baby anymore.  She does new things daily that surprises me...but alot of it really isn't things that are easy to blog about...
  • The biggest thing I've noticed during the past month is her vocabulary!  She is impressing me by saying about 20 words already.  Maybe this is normal but since Bennett's words took such a long time to come, I'm surprised by how much she will say already.  Here are a few of the newer words...Hot, Puppy, Kitty, Blue, Purple, Ball, Elmo, Baby.  She also knows the animals sounds for Cow, Pig and Kitty. 
  • Her 12th tooth is slowly poking through. 
  • She LOVES books!  This is sometimes the only thing that gets us through church these days. 
  • She has fun copying goofy faces that we make - sticking out tongues, blinking eyes, making a sneezing noise etc. 
  • Along with this growing up comes its challenges also though.  She is finding it very hard to sit still, be quiet, not get her way, empty drawers, making a terrible mess with food, whining etc.  If I had to go shopping and could take one kid and leave one, I used to always want to take Ashley...that is starting to change!
I'm going to wrap this up because I can't take it having her stand by the chair whining any longer! 



2 comments:

  1. Cute ponytail! -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, books in church. We take a stack of library books along every week for Peytra. When Stryker is there for the sermon, we take some for him, too (our church has something called children's church where the kids leave during the sermon).

    ReplyDelete