Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter Pictures

Easter was great.  I was extremely busy again with 4 Holy Week bulletins and 2 Easter service bulletins to do.  It was worth it though!...what a great week to work in a church!  Luckily I had some great babysitters again for my kids on weeks like this...thanks family!
 
Here are a few pictures from that week.  I unfortunately don't have any great pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes but since they'll probably both wear those clothes at the same time again many times this spring/summer, I'm going to attempt another picture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ashley's Easter basket had a couple of dollar items from Target like the wand and crown and then her main gift was the doctor's kit. 
 
 
 
Bennett's Easter basket had a couple of Handy Manny DVD's that I got at a garage sale and then a tool kit with a tool belt. 
 
Easter Carrots - aka, white chocolate covered strawberries.  (add food coloring to the choc. to make it orange).  These were very tasty!
 
Awesome deviled eggs!  Boil the eggs, peal them, cut them in half and take out the yolk, put them in a glass of water with a couple of drops of food coloring for about 3 minutes.  They taste exactly the same as the normal white eggs....only look more festive!
 
I ordered this calla lily at church for Easter and had it in memory of Grandma :-)
 
My little beauty.  I got this dress at a garage sale for $3!  I actually found a 2nd dress for her too at another sale for $5.  I couldn't decide which I liked better!  The other one is very cute on her too and I'm sure you'll see pictures of her in that one also. 


2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I made your colored deviled eggs this week - they were so neat and easy! Thanks for the idea! And don't you love it that your kids are still young enough to receive gifts that were bought at garage sales and not know the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strawberries look great, the eggs too! -Gina

    ReplyDelete