Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ashley Update

Ashley will be 14...I mean 4... in just a couple weeks.  Here are a couple things she's been up to:
  • She really enjoys preschool.  She is pretty independent so I think she has alittle bit of a hard time being told what to do sometimes while there.  But it's so good for her to be around the other kids and get some interaction with others without me there. 
  • Ashley has been picking up the reading from Bennett's homework and is learning how to read a few words.  But besides the reading, she's actually learning to spell words pretty easily too.  One night while I was making home-made pizza she learned how to spell pizza.  Well, a few weeks later I told Mike to "either go get M-c-D (McDonalds) or p-i-z-z-a" and Ashley said "I want pizza!"  She knows how to spell Mom, Dad, Bennett, Ashley, cat, pizza, cake, the...probably 12 words.  She probably can read about 20 words. 
  • She enjoys drawing pictures, playing with Little People, following me around the house (all day), talking (all day), whining (all day), playing dress-up...girl things.   
     She had a fall trip to a pumpkin patch with her preschool class.


     Her teacher occasionally will post pictures on a facebook page from the preschool day.  On this particular day she got to be the Special Helper.
On Sunday I helped her get dressed for church and after she was dressed she said "I don't love this.  It's tooooo borrrring".  She had alittle hissy fit about it but we didn't have time to change.  And I probably wouldn't have let her change anyways cause I thought she looked cute!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Impressive that she's already reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so smart! Bennett better watch out!

    ReplyDelete