Saturday, May 9, 2009
Latest happenings...
Monday - In the morning our babysitter Emily called and said that their little boy Levi had just thrown up. Not a great way to start my Monday. So, not knowing what to do I decided to call Aunt Shirley just to see if she was by any chance not working. And wouldn't you know it, she was home for the day. And not only her but Amy and Evan were home from WI visiting for a few days!!! So, Bennett went over there for the day and I guess it went ok - alittle out of his nor but he did alright. And, it was GREAT to see Amy & Evan and was a very nice surprise for my day.
Friday - Mike left to go fishing with a group of 7 friends of his at a lake up by Alex. They left Friday evening and are camping outside in tents for the night. Then the plan is to get up early, fish all day and come home Saturday night.
Saturday - Well today Bennett and I went to Chaska to pick up a name plaque that I had ordered for him, (his name means Blessed by God - how cool huh), went to Walgreen's to pick up some pictures that I had printed and to Target to stock up on formula again and some odds & ends stuff. I did pretty dang good though - my original bill at Target was $185 and with coupons and a 10% off card, my final bill was "only" $131 saving me $54!!! I had $25 worth of formula coupons which was great. Mike got home tonight around 7:00 and he said they had a good time but nobody really caught anything at all and Mike said he didn't even really have one bite all day - boring!
Hopefully my mom & Mike's mom won't look at this before tomorrow. The picture attached is their Mother's Day present. I read in a magazine that a great gift idea for any occasion is to make a sign that says Happy Birthday, Thank You, I Love You, etc. and have your kid hold it, then take a picture of your baby holding the sign and print that out and give it as the gift. So that is the pictures that we had to pick up at Walgreen's and then I bought some frames also. It turned out pretty good and I think I'll do this same gift in the future with different signs/occasions. And he really is holding the sign in the picture even though it looks like I photo shopped it in. I couldn't get him to "hold" the sign without grabbing it and wanting to eat it. So I would quick lay it on his lap, take the picture and then pick it up right away before he took it, and repeat until I had a good enough pic.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's readying this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cute idea and the Grandmas will love it. Bonnie
ReplyDelete