Sunday, October 18, 2009
Ugh- what a weekend...
Well, this is an end of the week that I hope doesn't get repeated any time soon... Let's start with Thursday. Bennett's babysitter had Thursday & Friday off since her kids would be home for MEA teachers break. That wasn't a problem cause Josh, Kristen & David would also be home for break so Bennett was going to go there. Well, on Thursday morning when I was taking Bennett, as I was driving up on to my mom's yard, I accidentally hit the new puppy Buster :( . Not a good way to start off the day. He ran to the garage right away hobbling on 3 legs so I could defiantly tell that one of his front legs was hurt. Plus, he was spitting up a little blood too which didn't look good. So, not knowing what to do and mom being in Mankato for the teachers meetings, we decided that David and Josh would take him to the vet. So luckily "all" that is wrong was a fractured leg. He spent the night at the vet and now has a huge splint on his leg. I need to take a picture and put it up here cause it actually is kinda funny looking and a site to see! Poor thing though - hope he is scared to death of cars now! I felt so bad... So anyways, Thursday night after work, I took Bennett and went grocery shopping. As soon as I got home I told Mike right away that I wasn't sure if I felt quite right. Well, sure enough, by the time I went to bed I had the chills, a fever and could not sleep at all that night. Knowing I couldn't go to work Friday, I had to call and wake up Kristen very early so that she'd be awake when Mike dropped Bennett off at 5:00 on his way in. So Friday I was sick with the flu and out of energy all day with a pretty high fever so Bennett spent the night at my moms. Saturday, no flu but still didn't feel that great and no energy. So today, Sunday, I still have a sore throat but otherwise feel much better. So when we went to pick up Bennett today, we found out that this morning, Kristen got the stomach flu too and had thrown up alot! So, Bennett has defiantly been exposed to the flu and I wasn't able to get him his flu shot yet cause the clinic was out. So, that was our crazy messed up weekend that, like I said, I hope does not repeat! And hopefully, my sore throat is nothing but a sore throat, Bennett gets over his runny nose that he's had for a week now and doesn't get anything more and hopefully Mike stays away from all of this and stays healthy!
On a lighter note - this weekend, besides having a blast being spoiled for 2 straight days, started crawling on hands and knees, is pulling himself up to standing all the time, and is walking across furniture while holding on to it! Couldn't believe all the stuff he mastered in these past 2 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment