Well we have Bennett's Big Boy Bed in his room. He sleeps in it well but the problem is getting him to actually go to sleep in it. Nap times don't seem to be as hard as night time. We've given up several nights and finally just put him in his crib to go to sleep but then move him to his new bed once he's sleeping. The only problem with this is that he can get out of bed in the mornings and seems to be waking up around 6:30-7:00 now instead of 8:00. Also it doesn't help that I've "thrown" his Nuk away (we still have 2 of them but I had him watch me throw one of them away in the garbage which he WAS NOT happy about - he hasn't had one for 2 days now). Anyways so this seems to be a slower process than I was hoping for but we've got a few months still before he has to be officially kicked out of the crib.
Here are some pictures of the room. I took these immediately after we set up the bed since it was clean :-)
I never liked the transition to a regular bed. I liked the bars that held them captive. It's also interesting that you and Gina both posted today about your babies moving to different beds. Bonnie
ReplyDeleteAre Bennett and the new baby going to share a room?
ReplyDeleteOhhh, he looks so sad about his nuk! You are so lucky that he has been sleeping until 8. What I would give to get Gabriel to sleep until 8...
ReplyDeleteYes they'll have to share - we'll how that goes when the time comes. We have a 2 bedroom house but we're able to add a bedroom downstairs at some point. But, we don't want to send Bennett down there to sleep by himself at such a little age. So, they'll both be in the same room unless it really really isn't working.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they'll be fine in the same room. I shared a room with my brothers until I was 6, and I know you shared a room, too, Rachel. Here's an idea: someone I know had trouble with their little boy getting out of his bed a lot at night, so they put up a baby gate in the doorway of his room, so they could still hear him, but he couldn't get out. Honestly, I don't think it worked (he either screamed or learned to climb it), but it might be worth a try. If Bennett's stuck in his room, maybe he'll just go back to sleep, or at least play quietly.
ReplyDelete