Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter - Part 2

When Mike and I got our tax return money, we decided we were going to buy the kids a playground for our backyard.  I then decided that this would be a gift from the Easter Bunny so that I wouldn't have to go spend an extra $30 on 'stuff' for their Easter baskets.  On Saturday our Easter Bunny - Mike and David, got to work and spent the entire day putting this together.  (Thanks Mike and David for your hard work, putting it together correctly, not breaking anything, not getting hurt, dealing with the rainy, wet, cold weather and, getting in done in my time frame!)


There is still a canopy that Mike still needs to put on the top and we are planning to add a sandbox underneath the bridge/tunnel part. 

I had a video of when Bennett headed outside to see what the Easter Bunny left but I can't get it to load correctly.  He ran outside and went right towards the normal toys he usually plays with and didn't see the swing set until Mike and I kinda coaxed him over there about 20 seconds later.  He was very surprised! 

 
Unfortunately since last weekend, we've only had two nicer days to play outside.  Bennett really likes it.  But, he still really likes his other toys too so he's not on it as much as I guessed that he would be right away.  But that's ok.  And Ashley likes the slide - she goes down by herself on her belly.  The only problem is that she can't reach to climb up it by herself yet.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! How did they put it together without the kids seeing? Did they do it after they went to bed, or during nap or something?
    We have a playset that is supposed to have a tarp on top, but we left our tarp on during the winter, and it wore out so quickly (frayed, got holes) due to the wind and weather in general that we had to throw it out. We haven't gotten a new one yet, but just a tip - take it off during the winter to make it last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the kids at my mom's house all day on Saturday before Easter - see Pre-Easter post. We were there early in the morning and came home when it was dark.
    -Good to know about the tarp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, they're going to have a ton of fun with that in the next few years! -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I'm trying to decide if we want to put sand under our playset this summer. On the one hand - maybe they would have a lot of fun with it. On the other - How much sand would end up in my house?

    ReplyDelete