I read about this Detox Water on Pinterest, tried it and was satisfied! Basically, you mix up this water drink which includes Dandelion Root Tea, drink 60 oz. of this water a day for 7 days and lose water weight! This originally comes from Jillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser show trainer).
Here is the recipe:
- 60 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar free Cranberry Juice. (you only really need 7 tablespoons so if you don't plan on drinking the remaining juice afterwards, just get a small single serve bottle).
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice (the kind from the bottle will do - you don't need to fresh squeeze lemons)
- 1 tea bag of Dandelion Root Tea. I found a box at Target for $5 which included 16 tea bags (enough to do this mix for the first 7 days and another round in a week or so).
You mix this recipe up daily and drink the 60 ounces of water for 7 days straight. I mixed it up at night so that the tea bag was able to sit in the water all night to get the most out of the tea. It works because it helps to flush out excess water weight that your body may be carrying around. You could lose up to 5 pounds during the week depending on how much water weight your body has. The tea itself is a detox for your liver and kidneys. *Not sure if any of you need this or not but there was a disclaimer on the box of tea that does say not to drink this tea if you are pregnant or nursing.
So, I did this and it was so easy. I was able to lose 3 pounds during that week. I ate and walked regularly so it's not like I was starving myself or anything like that to lose these pounds. I assumed I'd have to pee constantly but honestly that wasn't the case at all - normal. The 60 ounces really wasn't alot or out of the normal for me either since I drink glasses of water all day long. (60 ounces is about 3 water bottles full). Now, one night I decided to brew up a tea bag and try that alone. That was TERRIBLE tasting and I could only manage to have a few sips before dumping it out. But, the 60 oz water recipe really wasn't bad tasting at all - kinda a mix between lemon water and cinnamon. It was better tasting when it was cold - when it got to room temperature the root tea taste came out alittle bit stronger.
Anyways just thought I'd pass this on if there are any of you who want a quick and easy way to maybe drop a couple pounds! Obviously since it was only water weight, it could easily come back. But I just needed a jump start to get a few pounds off...without starving myself!
Here is the original link to the pinterest post http://lizspinspiration.blogspot.com/2012/06/pin-91.html
Also, here is a picture of the box of tea that I found at Target and a picture of my water pitcher to show what 60 ounces looks like...64 oz was the top marked line on the pitcher.
This reminded me of a blog I recently discovered http://pinbusting.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteShe takes pins and tries them out to so if they actually work (like on myth busters).
Glad to hear you got some results from this. I could see how it would be motivational. And do you feel "detoxed?"
I honestly didn't/don't feel any different. It's just the scale that reflected it which is why I'd say it worked.
ReplyDeleteI started my pretty regular walking on the treadmill in October (with a break around Christmas time which unfortunatly lasted about a month haha). But since October and with this water weight loss, I'm down about 7 pounds. It's not alot considering October was about 5 months ago but I'm still happy with it. My goal weight is another 5 pounds by July.