I know people have been addicted to Pinterest for awhile now but I just started it this past week. I saw something the other day and was like "hey that looks SO easy and I have lots of glass candle holders left from our wedding - I could do that!" Can you believe that I actually carried through and did it!?! - I'm shocked myself :-) This really was so easy and very cheap - $1.43 for Epsom Salt. p.s. - I was in the grocery store and was looking through the whole salt/spices area for Epsom Salt and couldn't find it. Well, I found Shirley working in the health and beauty aisle and I asked her and she said yep, it's right here! She said it is used to treat wounds or as a soak when you have sores etc. so it's in the health section instead of in the baking/spices section.
Take Elmer's glue (school glue) and mix it with just alittle bit of water.
With a paint brush, brush the glue on the candle holder.
Once you have the candle holder covered in glue, roll it around in the Epsom Salt.
And tada!! Easy as that!
(Picture taken with the lights off)
Seriously such an easy project and a pretty way to spice up plain glass candle holders! This candle holder literally took me less than 5 minutes from the very start to finish (with taking pictures in the process haha!). Also, I barely made a dent in the Epsom Salt and have tons left to do more candles...or treat a wound :-)
Very cool!
ReplyDeleteOoh- neat! I love it when you find new, easy decorating ideas!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention in my post... the directions also said that if you mess up or don't like the way it turned out, it's not a problem since if it's still wet, it will all wash off under hot water.
ReplyDeleteNeat! By the way, you're not the last person in the world to check out Pinterest. I've never been on it, either.
ReplyDelete