Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ashley 2 Years

This is Ashley's 2 year old post but since I'm sooo behind on this, it's technically a 25.5 month post!!!  I've been meaning to do this forever but since I knew it'd be a longer post, I kept putting it off...oops.

My oh my do I have a big girl on my hands!  She is such a smarty pants, a sweetheart, a drama queen and a toddler!  Here are a couple of her latest and greatest things that she's been doing lately.

Talking  = She is talking constantly and saying so many words and sentences.  She can pretty much tell me anything that she wants or needs and I actually do mostly understand her.  It's great being able to communicate with her!  Bennett enjoys it too - listening to them play together or carry on a conversation together is so awesome.

Playing = Ashley and Bennett play together pretty well.  But, she wants her way and so does he so most times when they are playing together, I hear lots of whining or "Moooommmm".  When she is playing by herself though, I don't hear a peep from her (which is sooo nice!).  Her favorite things to play with are Barbies, her dolls, read her books, dress up, or play with her pretend food and cook things for me.

ABC's = Ashley has known all of her ABC's since 18 months old.  This surprised us so much when we first found this out.  I'm not totally sure where exactly she learned them but she knows them all.  I can point to any letter and she will tell me what it is.  If anybody is wearing a shirt with words on them she will tell us all the letters on the shirt.  She does like the show Super Why and will say all the letters on the show but I don't really think that's where she learned the letters.

Numbers = She knows her number 1 to 9 but not always in the right order.  She loves to count things and will count out on her fingers but like I said, she skips numbers alot.

Colors = She knows all her basic colors.  I'd say pink is probably her favorite (go figure).  And she really enjoys coloring and "drawing".

Potty Training = Like I said in the post the other day, she is doing really well at this and hopefully it continues!

Eating = She is a great eater...much better than her brother!  She will eat pretty much any meal I make (or at least pick at it enough to get enough food).  Her favorite foods are pizza, string cheese, chips, eggs, raisins  chicken nuggets and hot dogs.  One thing she doesn't really eat to much of is fruits.  She'll sometimes eat apples or grapes but that is about it.  She also isn't really a fan of noodles but that doesn't surprise me because neither is Bennett...I thought all kids loved Mac n' Cheese?

She just had her 2 year doctors appointment this past week.  I had it scheduled but of course, it landed right on Grandma's funeral so I had to reschedule and just got her in.
-She is still my little peanut coming in at 26 lbs. which is in the 37%
-She is 35 inches in height which puts her in the 74%
-I just recently packed away all of the 18 months clothes and got out the 2T clothes.  Alot of the 2T is still alittle big on her but I was just getting sick of the same 18 month clothes that she's been wearing since September.  Plus, I had lots of 2T clothes that I got at garage sales that I was afraid won't fit her next winter.
-Shoe size 5 or 6  (p.s. - She LOVES shoes! She is constantly putting on different shoes throughout the day!)
-Diaper size 4
-Teeth - who knows.  I know she has a full mouth of teeth and that she is getting some molars that are coming in right now.  The only reason that I know this is because she had a fever and a couple of messy diapers last week.  Every time I try to check in her mouth, she bites my finger SO hard that it's not worth it to me to get an exact number anymore!!!

I honestly can't believe how big my girl is already.  She is such a bright part of my day.  I love hugs and kisses from her and her little giggle is infectious.  Love you Ashley girl :-)




My little sweatheart

This is a Polar Bear that Bennett made in school but Ashley loves using the mask too.  

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Such cute pictures. What a little smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing that she knows her numbers and colors already! Zion is almost 18 months, and he just learned to say Book ("Buh").

    ReplyDelete
  3. *She knows how to count and say her numbers but she can't recognize them all like she can the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete