Prom: Kristen looked gorgeous at her prom! Everything from her dress, to her hair, to her lighted up corsage was just perfect! Kristen and I went dress shopping and this was the very first dress that I saw and told her she should try it on. She shot me down and proceeded to try on 15ish or so more, until I finally pulled this one off the rack and made her try it. Low and behold, it was definitely the one - it looked great on her and fit her like a glove!
Graduation: Last Sunday was Kristen's graduation. This was such a bittersweet day for me personally. To me, Kristen is always going to be my little baby sister! And, it is so weird for me to think that she's graduated! I was 14 when Kristen was born so I literally raised her for the first years while mom and dad were busy on the farm...fed her, changed her, taught her to walk, potty trained her etc. And now, she is doing all of that for my kids! This graduation was also weird for my entire family since she is the last of us 6 that graduated from LHS. Sooo many years (17 to be exact) of games, concerts, more games, and more concerts, and plays and the list goes on and on. And speaking of all of this, LHS's executive director did a phone interview with my mom and wrote an article for one of their newsletters. I'll post that article in a separate blog post.
This picture makes me smile!
Graduation Party: This past Sunday was Kristen's Graduation Party. The weather was cool and icky but we all had so much fun. She had a great turnout of people and barely any food leftover. Mom said this was the easiest party of the 6 that she has prepared for and hosted...because she had 6 children to help out!
This was our present for Kristen. I didn't want to 'just' give her money so I did a quick search on Pinterest and this was what I found. Bennett had fun helping me crunch up the dollar bills to get them to fit. I made sure to tell him a few times while he was helping me that this was the ONLY time we would ever crunch up money like this. FYI - $40 fit perfectly!
Baby pic, preschool, K, 1st
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th

I think her 6th grade picture is how I will always see her. : )-Gina
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of how you did the money gift. Cute!
ReplyDeleteGina - I agree, me too :-/
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting how many bills you put into the soda bottle money gift. I want to do that for Keith's sister this Christmas, but I didn't want to put in that much. Now I know to use a smaller bottle - thanks!
ReplyDelete