Friday, July 19, 2013

Grandma Is Watered

Quick cute conversation with Bennett this afternoon.  Back story, Kristen was driving my kids and they made a stop at the cemetery.  Alittle while later Bennett was in the car with me heading to Target.  Here was the conversation I had with him.  (I stopped at the cemetery earlier this summer with Bennett one time so this is not the first time since the funeral.)

R:  So I heard that Kristen took you to the cemetery today.  Did you see where Great-Grandma was buried?

B:  Yea.  I stand on she.   She is in heaven now and is very happy.

R:  Yes you're right.  She is in heaven. 

B:  I watered she too.

R:  Well do you mean you watered the flowers?

B:  No, I watered Great-Grandma.

By this point I couldn't keep it in anymore and I was laughing at this conversation.

I figured he meant that he stood on the tombstone and watered the tombstone because Kristen had a picture of them by it.  But when I asked her about it later she said that he watered the dirt where the grass was supposed to be growing.  So that is why he was thinking he was really watering her! 

What goes through their minds at this age....
So just thought I'd let you all know that Grandma was well watered today :-)

3 comments: