Ashley turned 3 on December 29th. It still shocks me that she is by no means a little baby anymore. She had a great year and learned so many new things. Here are a couple of her achievements during the past year.
- She is talking a mile a minute. Most of it is very understandable which is great.
- She gets shy around new people until she finds a common interest.
- In November/December she finally became fully potty-trained. Once it clicked for her, she got it and hasn't had any accidents in probably a month. She is even trained overnight which is great. And to my surprise, a few times in the past couple weeks she has even gotten up overnight by herself, walked to the bathroom and goes and then puts herself back to bed. The only reason I even knew she was doing this is because I'd hear the toilet flush while I was sleeping.
- She is awesome at knowing her letters and numbers. We are working on learning to write them but so far the only letters that she is able to write well is an A and H. She can make circles too though so I suppose she could write an O too.
- She really likes looking at books but she doesn't have the patience to let me real a whole book to her. It has to be one that really peeks her interest otherwise we only get a few pages read.
- She still loves her puzzles. She is a master at 24 piece puzzles and with alittle help she has done 60 piece and 100 piece ones. It's usually my go-to thing if I need to occupy her for awhile if I'm busy with something.
- She can dress herself which is extremely helpful to me. But, if she gets something stuck, it's all out war - she needs my help but doesn't want it.
She got a bike for her birthday from us. She's been practicing in the garage and is all ready for spring!
Thanks to Kristen for the awesome cake!
That cake looks awesome! And Ashley seems very advanced. Gideon's not really into puzzles and I don't think he could name letters or numbers on site. He can count to ten and say the abc's, but that's about it. And you know how he is with colors...
ReplyDeleteVery pretty cake! And Peytra has that same pink shirt with the flowers and the button!
ReplyDelete