Sunday, June 14, 2015

New Ride

We've been talking about it for awhile but a few weeks ago we decided to get a new vehicle - a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan.  We traded in my Equinox for this van, mainly for more space but also to get something new before mine started needing fixes.  We had been very very lucky and had not needed any major repairs on the Equinox and we wanted to trade it in before things started breaking down.  The other reason, more space, was because just as the kids grew, we were getting more squished.  Also, this fall, I'll be watching a 3 month old baby a few days a week and since this baby will need to ride with me to take kids and pick kids up from school, the thought of taking the infant seat in and out of the vehicle every few days didn't sound fun at all!  An added bonus is that the money I'll make each month watching her will pay for the loan payment!  During the school year I bring some neighbor kids home from school too and they wouldn't have all fit during this next school year. 

 It was alittle weird getting rid of this cause that was my baby car - bought it right before Bennett was born - and I watched both kids grow up in the backseat.

So far we love the new van.  It is pretty loaded on the inside with leather, heated seats, a complicated (for me haha) dash panel, DVD player, and remote start. 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Does it have Snow-n-go seats? I'll be watching a baby this school year, too! (Mine starts late November)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to stowing away the seats so we should have plenty of room to go on vacations. And Mike was happy about that too that he could still haul things around if he needed. And it already came with a trailer hitch on it so he could tow the boat.

    My baby was just born a couple weeks ago - Lydia. I'll be starting to watch her in late August or September on just Monday and Tuesdays. I was alittle hesitant at first partially because I knew that she'd have to make several trips to school with me - especially on the Monday's when Ashley has preschool - 3 trips to the school a day. But the mom was very understanding that this is what a stay-at-home mom has to do so I told her we'd give it a try. If after a few months in it is just not working out, I'll let her know. But I think it will be kinda fun to have a baby in the house again, even if it's not mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, the 3xdaily drive to school. That was me this year. I didn't mind driving, but I felt like it was hard to get anything done because I always had to leave soon. My baby is about 6 months old right now. He's going to be starting in December, and he'll be riding with me twice to school this year, so we're in a similar boat (er, van) as you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, I'm a little envious... Our Acadia fits 8 people, which is great, but I'd really like to have stow n go seats and automatic opening doors that I don't have to worry about the kids banging into other cars sounds very appealing...

    ReplyDelete