Sunday, August 28, 2016

Colorado Trip - Day 4

On our final full day in Colorado Mike got to cross something off his bucket list - snowboard a mountain.  He left to go snowboarding right at 9:00am and worked his way up the mountain.  He did have problems one time with the binding on his snowboard but he was able to get that fixed.  While he was having fun doing that, I had a full day planned too.  I had a spa appointment booked for a 90 minute massage!  After the massage I still had some time to get a lunch and do some shopping in the village.  Mike sent me a text around 2:30pm that he was tired and coming down the mountain for the last time and that I should come to the bottom and try to watch for him.  Since every person coming down the mountain looked to be ant sized and all in the same colored clothing it was very hard to spot him.  I did see him come down though by a lucky guess.  After we were done here in Winter Park we loaded up the van and started for home.  We drove and drove and drove, all evening and overnight.  There were many coffee stops and get out and stretch stops to keep us awake.  We got back home around 8:30am, which gave me just a few hours to sleep and shower before getting the kids picked up from school.  

It was a terrific trip.  We were both so glad we went on a trip like this, just the two of us.  It was a much needed break from kids, work and life in general.  Next time though, I'm flying.  




No comments:

Post a Comment