Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Josh's Accident

Some of you already know - some of you probably don't... Josh was in an accident tonight on his way home from baseball practice. Thank God he is ok! He was on our road coming around the first curve when I guess the strong winds kinda pushed the back end of the Tahoe into the gravel on the side of the road, causing him to lose control. Then he went down in to a steep ditch and back up to someones driveway where he bottomed out which sent him to flip end over end and he then landed back on the tires. He said he tried to get the door opened and get out but it was smashed & stuck. There were people on the scene right away that called 911. He was taken in just for observation & to be checked out. Amazingly all he has wrong is a small scratch on his face!!! The seat belt & airbag probably saved his life. The vehicle is totaled but it's only a car. We joked that mom needed a new one anyways - now she'll probably get some insurance money to go do that :-) Now, I was driving home from work and when I drove past the road, I happened to see cop lights & a tow truck and a green vehicle on the truck. I thought right away that almost looked like the Tahoe but figured no so kept driving. But seconds later I decided to turn around just to be sure and sure enough... I freaked out! I could see the car and how bad it looked & knew that Josh drives that. I immediately drove over to moms when Laura told me he was ok. That was the longest two mile drive of my life though! So let's all say it - THANK YOU GOD! And let this be a reminder to everyone to wear your seat belt at all times. Josh only had a 6 mile drive and was less than two miles from home.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right - wear your seatbelt and thank God he was all right. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete