Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ashley 12 Months

My little girl is a year old already.  This first year with her has been so wonderful!  She is such a sweet addition to our family.  Here are a few of her 12 month achievements.

Weight:  20lbs (exactly) - 33%
Height:  29.5 inches - 65%
Diapers:  size 3
Clothes:  size 12 or 18 month.  12 month pants are alittle too short but 18 month pants are wayyy too long. 
Shoes:  size 3

-She has taken a few steps on a few different occasions but she still definitely prefers crawling.

-When I'm dressing her, she sticks her arms in the arm holes and she will give me her feet to put her socks on.  This is nice that she never fights me to get dressed.  Now diaper changes are a totally different story!
-She is starting to play with really well with Bennett.  I don't know how much of the playing she is actually doing but she follows him around.  Some days Bennett is fine with this, some days it irritates him (alot).

-She is solely eating table food now.  During this past month I tried to get her to finish up the few jars of baby food that I had left and I only got her to eat a few bites before she started spitting it out.  She is doing pretty good at eating her meals but she has a bad habit of throwing her food on the floor.  This usually happens towards the end of the meal so I always can take that as a sign that she's done.  Her favorite snack right now is raisens.
-She only has a bottle right before bed - otherwise she uses her sippy cup.

-Since summer already, she only takes one nap a day.  And unfortunately, (for me), this is only a 1.5 hour nap (if that).  Bennett still takes almost a 3 hour nap so this is very weird for me to to get such a short "break".  She goes to bed at 8:00 at night and sleeps till 8:00 in the morning.  She had a very bad habit of waking up every night for a bottle.  This had been happening for the past 5+ months.  She's slept the night though the past 3 nights so I'm hoping she is now getting enough to eat during the day that she doesn't need that extra bottle during the night.

-She got 4 new teeth (molars) this past month which brings her total to 10 - 4 on the top and 6 on the bottom.
-She gives real (open mouthed) kisses and hugs now which is so sweet.  I'll take whatever I can get since she is not a cuddler at all!
-She cruises up steps!  She is such a fast climber and really good at it.  She can get up our flight of 14 steps in less than 30 seconds!  We've tried to show her how to climb down but she hasn't mastered that yet.




Well I think that pretty much sums up some of her best accomplishments during this past month.  She is definitely not a baby anymore but yet an almost toddler.

2 comments:

  1. What a tiny little girl! And I like the picture of the two of them in the strollers. Did they put themselves in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very petite! Bennett was almost 3 lbs. heavier at this age.
    Bennett was jealous of her doll stroller and kept trying to sit in it. So to solve this 'problem' this one night, Mike went and got it from the garage and told him to sit in that. Next thing I know he put Ashley in the doll stroller and they were watching TV. It was so cute that I had to take a quick picture...and then get her out of it!!

    ReplyDelete