Friday, January 6, 2012

Potty Training

Bennett has been officially potty trained since August but he still wore a diaper or pull-up to bed at night.  Last weekend we were at my mom's and I got him in his pjs at her house so that we could come home and go straight to bed.  I forgot to bring a diaper with though so he had to go home in his underwear.  I decided to keep him in his underwear and see how it would go.  Most mornings his diaper is wet.  Well, he made it!  I did wake him up around midnight before I went to bed to try to get him to go but he refused.  So, he has slept in underwear and been dry 4 out of the past 5 nights!  The one night that he did have an accident I partially blame myself.  He was still awake around 9:30 and said that he was hungry so I gave him an orange.  That probably was not the best choice of food as a midnight snack.  So as long as I'm not jinxing myself by putting this on here, I think he is completely trained and that he is done with diapers!!! 

Also, about 3 weeks ago Mike got a stool out and let him try to stand and pee.  Well, he caught on right away and has been doing this every since.  And so far, I've only had one mess to clean up which I'm pretty impressed by!

UPDATE:  Seriously, I just had to stop typing in the middle of the last paragraph to go downstairs and change bed sheets and pjs.  Seriously....I knew I should have waited a few more days to write this post!!!  At least I was still awake and this wasn't at 3:00 in the morning.  Ugh, I so knew this would happen...oh well...we're on our way I think (hope).  I asked him if he forgot that he was wearing undies and he said "uh huh" in a sad kind of voice. 

1 comment:

  1. Peytra still fills her diapers with pee at night, but she has been keeping her underwear dry at naps for months. Well, just yesterday, I didn't have her go potty before nap, and sure enough, she wet the bed. So it's ironic that you wrote about this now.

    ReplyDelete