Monday, December 3, 2012

Ashley Update - 1 Year 11 Months

Ok so between computer problems and then blog problems, I'm finally getting on here to get Ashley's pictures and latest happenings posted about...

I can't believe Ashley is almost 2 already!  How did that happen so fast?  She has been growing and maturing so much lately - she's a little girl and has no part "baby" left in her.  Here are a couple of her latest and greatest:

  • She is talking constantly! (much different from Bennett at this age). Most of the things she tries to say we can understand - even if it is her own version of the word. When she is talking she is mostly saying 2-3 word sentences but I have counted a few occasions lately where she has said up to 5 words at a time which is great! Her favorite phrase is "No Mom, No!"...ugh.
  • We are occasionally starting to work on potty training with underwear. I can't get her to go on the potty chair at all yet but she comes to tell me every time after she has peed and has wet her training pants. She has also brought me a diaper multiple times and tells me 'poop' when she needs to be changed. If she can tell me when she is wet or brings me a diaper when she has pooped her diaper and wants to be changed, I am hoping that she'll be pretty easy to actually train.
  • She really like pretending to cook with her play food. She will bring me a play plate, pot or cup for me to "eat". Her other new favorite thing to play with is Barbies. Kristen got out all of our old Barbies and that is now her favorite thing to do at my moms house. I feel like she should be too little to play with them but she loves it.
  • Right now she is about 23.5 lbs (my petite little girl!), wearing size 18-24 month clothes, size 5 shoe and size 4 diaper.





  • 3 comments:

    1. Wow, she's beautiful! I love the close-up picture of her face. And I noticed she's exactly the same size as Zion - clothes, shoes, weight. He still wears size 3 diaper but could easily wear a 4.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awww, I love that second to last picture. Just beautiful!

      ReplyDelete