Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Prep.

Here is a quick post about things we have been up to during the past couple of weeks getting ready for Christmas!

Bennett and I met some friends in Waconia for a tree-lighting ceremony in the park.

At this point, I only had the lights on the tree.  But Bennett thought it was the best thing ever and took his coloring book and laid down on the floor in front of the tree.  Totally picture worthy!

Tree with the room lights off.
 
Finished tree 2012
 
Santa had his annual visit to NG.  Bennett liked him but was alittle shy and didn't want to tell Santa his list.  Ashley just tolerated Santa and wasn't too thrilled but there were no tears. 

Assembling our first ever Gingerbread House
 
Our finished product
 
This link is a song from Bennett's Preschool Christmas Program.  I wish I could tell you how wonderful he did but, unfortunately I was sick with the flu that day and missed it!...still bummed about that!  Even though I know that Bennett knew all of the songs that they sang, he didn't participate at all.  This video shows one of the songs and for some reason, he decided to stand backwards during this song.  If you fast-forward to about the last 30 seconds, he is oohhhh so cute!  I guess I'm not too surprised that he didn't sing or do the actions but to tell you the truth, I really don't care - I'm just happy he stood still and didn't decide to run around or sit down or do silly things.
 
Helping Grandma make cookies!
 
A couple of my friends and I went to make a Christmas Centerpiece again like we have done in the past.  It really is fun to do and looks great on my table.  (plus it gave me an excuse to clean a stack of papers that have been on my table since May - yikes no joke!)
 
Here are the art projects that Bennett did in preschool for Christmas.  He was so proud of every one of them!  Personally, I'm happy he is able to do this there and that I don't feel as bad when we don't get anything like this done at home!!!  I really like the light strand - it's done with his fingerprints.  I am also so happy that we are able to send him to a Lutheran school so that he is able to learn what the real meaning is behind Christmas - I couldn't imagine if all he came home with was Santa's and snowmen!
 
So, now you know everything that we've been up to in the past month getting ready for Christmas!  I wish you all a wonderful next couple of days as you celebrate Jesus Birthday!  Christmas blessings to you!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that light strand that Bennett did with his fingerprints. Now I know what Peytra is going to do when we get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wrap that ribbon around your trees. It adds so much. I will have to keep that in mind for when we eventually get a full sized one!
    Mike's gingerbread house turned out 100 times better than the one Megan and I did yesterday. Our kit's frosting was so stiff it was hard to get on right and pieces wouldn't line up :)

    ReplyDelete