It has been forever since I've let you know exactly what Mike and I are up to these days. I'll start with Mike:
Mike is busy. There, that pretty much sums it up. But, I'll go alittle more in depth for you. He is still working full-time at the golf course. This was a very good year for them - decent weather and tons less drama than other summers. Last summer mid-season they fired the Superintendent (main guy on the grounds crew) so this summer seemed alot better and he was alot less crabby when he would come home. He is also still working part-time at Domino's as a delivery driver every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Then, he is on his second year of night classes for computer networking and some repair. These classes are twice a week. So, most weeks, we only see him 2 nights a week. That doesn't leave him much time to see the kids, see me, get his things done around here and get my to-do-list done hehe. He could be done with the night classes after this year but he says he still might try to get a couple of courses done next year to complete a certificate...or something like that.
I am busy too but with completely different things than Mike. I am still full-time mom and part-time at the church as the secretary. I go in to the church office twice a week for about 3 hours each day to print out the bulletin and do the administrative duties. But, I do alot of the bulletin work like proof-reading, typing etc, at home a night or two after the kids are in bed. Total I spend about 8 hours a week with this job. During the time that I am at the office, depending on the time or year, they are usually at my mom's house. During the winter when Jon is laid off of work, I take them over to stay with him during those couple of hours. Then in the spring when he goes back to work, they come in to work with me until Kristen and my mom are off of school for the summer. Then in the fall when they go back to school and before Jon is laid off again, they come in with me. When they do have to come in to work with me it's obviously alittle harder for me to actually focus and get my work done but, they do go play in the preschool room most of the time so they are at least occupied. But then, I have an added job of cleaning up that room at the end of the week. Anyways, I really do like this job. It's gets me out of the house and gives me something to do. Plus a small added paycheck is always nice. It is kind of exciting to be in charge of so many things that go on in our church too - I pretty much have a hand in every organization or event that happens.
My full-time mom job keeps me pretty busy too. Twice a week I am running Bennett to and from preschool which took a couple weeks to get used to. Keeping my house clean is pretty much non-existent. As fast as I can clean up the toys, more get played with and dumped out. My goal is to keep the living room and their bedrooms clean and just let the family room go and only pick that up a couple times a week. It just is a waste of my time to pick it up daily. I think Mike finally agrees with me on that too which is nice so that I don't feel bad when it's a mess. Cooking is also pretty non-existent these days. I pretty much only cook an actual meal the nights that Mike is home. It is a huge waste of my time to cook an actual meal for just me and the kids. They are pretty picky and only have a couple of bites of the main dish and I don't feel like eating leftovers for 3 meals. So, we either have frozen pizza type food or go to my mom's for supper...a huge added bonus of living only 4 minutes away from them! If she's cooking for 5 people anyways, what's 1 more...the kids don't count since they eat so little. It's a huge blessing a couple nights a week for me to do this!
It's pretty boring but that sums up our lives. There. Now I don't have to do this for another 6 months :-)


Oh, I'm glad you did this!
ReplyDelete