Monday, September 5, 2016

Paul Bunyan Land

To finish up our Duluth weekend, on Sunday we planned to do some fishing and relaxing at the cabin.  Of course though, it ended up storming overnight and the forecast for Sunday in that area was rainy all morning.  By the time it looked like it'd clear up we would have been heading for home.  So very very spur of the moment we decided to go an hour over to Brainerd and go to Paul Bunyan Land, where it was not raining.  It was overcast when we got there but it wasn't raining - thank goodness our plan worked.  We were here almost 3 hours and the kids had a fun time going on some rides.  Of course this was a pretty expensive 3 hours because the admission cost $80!  Other than that though, it was a fun ending to a really great weekend.
Paul Bunyan talked to the kids when we got up to him.  Somehow Paul even knew their names :-)
(A few weeks after we were here, a big storm came through the Brainerd area and the strong winds knocked Babe over!!!)

3 comments:

  1. How does Paul Bunyan speak to them and know their names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we paid there was a spot to write down your kids first names and then as we walked in he said in a big echoed voice "Hello Bennett and Ashley". Bennett was stunned, Ashley was scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat! I know Zion would be scared, too, though.
    I know I went to this Paul Bunyan place when I was little, too, but I don't really remember it other than the pictures.

    ReplyDelete