Sigh... another weekend already done! Looks like it's been awhile since I've posted so I'll try to get you up to date quick.
Last Sunday was a very busy day for us. We went to a pancake breakfast in NG, then to church at Mayer for Gabriel's baptism, then to Chris & Christina's for baptism lunch, then to Mike's uncle Mikes for an early supper with his family. And, Bennett was extremely good this entire day! It was fun to see Gabriel & Bennett start to smile at each other. They were giving each other high-fives which was fun to watch....(ok, so Chris & I were moving their hands to do it but it was still funny...for us parents at least). Anyways, then on to Mike & Trace's. Mike's family was there and it was the first time that Bennett got to meet his Aunt Nichol. She is home from Kansas for a few weeks. She was home at Christmas time hoping to meet him then but we all know how that turned out. Here is a cute picture of the two of them and also a family pic.
Bennett & Nichol
Mike, Bennett, Rachel, LeAnn, Nichol, Devon & Sarah
This past Friday Bennett turned 5 months old! He really has taken off this past week and is sitting by himself really well. The past two nights I've let him "sit" in the bathtub. I joked with Mike tonight that we need to install some bumper padding on the sides of the tub for when he starts to tip - (it's amazing how fast my reflexes & reaction time is these days when I know he's about to tip & he'd hurt himself if I didn't catch him). I also let him sit on the church pew today which was weird for me - my little boy is growing up. A side note - it always kind of annoyed me in church when parents had their little kids constantly looking at the people behind them. All you do then is look at the baby or get annoyed by the parents and I feel like you never really pay attention to church. But, I have to say I am one of them now. He will not sit still and needs to be standing or looking at something. So, I am now one of those parents.
He has also started eating baby food twice a day now and is doing a really good job at it. He opens his mouth for the spoon now instead of me forcing the spoon in. Last weekend I bought him a high-chair. We were at mom's and I told David the box was in the back of my car if he wanted to put it together. He opened the box and was pretty shocked at how many pieces & parts there were. And I said "exactly, Mike will appreciate you doing this :-)". Here is a picture of him eating from his high-chair.
Bennett & Nichol
Mike, Bennett, Rachel, LeAnn, Nichol, Devon & Sarah
This past Friday Bennett turned 5 months old! He really has taken off this past week and is sitting by himself really well. The past two nights I've let him "sit" in the bathtub. I joked with Mike tonight that we need to install some bumper padding on the sides of the tub for when he starts to tip - (it's amazing how fast my reflexes & reaction time is these days when I know he's about to tip & he'd hurt himself if I didn't catch him). I also let him sit on the church pew today which was weird for me - my little boy is growing up. A side note - it always kind of annoyed me in church when parents had their little kids constantly looking at the people behind them. All you do then is look at the baby or get annoyed by the parents and I feel like you never really pay attention to church. But, I have to say I am one of them now. He will not sit still and needs to be standing or looking at something. So, I am now one of those parents.
He has also started eating baby food twice a day now and is doing a really good job at it. He opens his mouth for the spoon now instead of me forcing the spoon in. Last weekend I bought him a high-chair. We were at mom's and I told David the box was in the back of my car if he wanted to put it together. He opened the box and was pretty shocked at how many pieces & parts there were. And I said "exactly, Mike will appreciate you doing this :-)". Here is a picture of him eating from his high-chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment