Wednesday, August 4, 2010

18 Months

Ok so Bennett actually turned 18 months a few weeks ago already but he was at the doctor for his checkup yesterday so I now have all of his "stats".
His weight is 25 lb. 12 oz. - 43%
His height is 33 inches - 68% Diapers - size 4 or 5 Clothes - size 18 month to 2T
Shoes - size 6 but they are too small and I'm not going to buy him anymore until fall
As many of you got to see over the weekend, he is a runner and can't sit still. His weight has dropped considerably in the past few months because he is constantly on the go! It's no concern though because he eats fine and is very healthy.
He is officially in his big boy bed. It took about 2 weeks but he's now able to go to sleep in there on his own without me having to lay by him or rock him. He's only woken up a few times during the night too which is good. And, we are also officially done with the Nuk!!! He actually found the Nuk which was at my mom's house and threw it in the garbage!
He's still not talking much at all but has picked up "what's that". He points at everything, especially while riding in the car, and says his version of "wasstha". It is cute but I'll be honest, it does get a little annoying when he's pointing out telephone poles on the side of the road. He also says Nap, does animal sounds of the cow, pig, monkey, dog & kitty, and says his versions of Grandma, Kristen, Pastor, Cake, and Tractor.
While I was taking pictures of him today, of course something caught his eye and he did his point and "wasstha".
He's still making a constant mess but I'm beginning to have him help me pick up his messes a little bit which is nice. A few days ago I was wiping up some sticky spots from him juice on the kitchen floor and he wanted to. So I gave him the paper towel and showed him where to wipe and he cleaned them all up for me! He also knows what "go put that away means" which is also helping some.
We're still slowly working on the potty training. I think he'd be doing better if I was more consistent at it. He has run to the bathroom door a few times on his own when he is pooping. Of course by the time I realize what's going on and we get there, he's already gone in his diaper but it's a plus that he's starting to figure out when he's going. I've gotten him to go potty on the chair a few times too but that usually involves turning on the bathtub water in order for that to happen. I don't know if it's realistic or not but my goal is to have him trained before the new baby comes. We'll see...
Another new thing this month is that he figured out how to open doors. This is not good - especially his bedroom door - we can't "lock" him in there anymore. He is also obsessed with turning on light switches. He will climb on furniture or move his little stool around to reach them. These two things are starting to drive me nuts. (Especially because as I type this - no joke - he just walked in to the living room. I thought he was sleeping half an hour ago. Guess not).
He likes running, climbing, going to the park, blocks, books, trains, tractors and trucks, balls, puzzles, phones, the TV, loves pizza, fruit, chips and crackers, Great-Grandma's jelly beans, horsey rides from daddy & uncle Josh and having the kitties chase him.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, are you going to find out the sex of the new baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we're not planning to unless we happen to see something on the ultrasound. We have that scheduled for next Friday.

    ReplyDelete